Wednesday 26 March 2008

Nasty shock

Weight gain is not going well. It’s barely happening at all, in fact. I left home for a week of eating out and Easter with my family in Brittany, and I managed to gain – wait for it – half a pound. Yep, that’s right, a measly half pound. I can’t quite get my head around how hard this is turning out to be. You would have thought that putting on weight would be easy, but it’s not. I can feel like I’ve eaten loads, and yet obviously that’s not the case, and it’s really beginning to get me down.
The problem is at least partly psychological, of course. If I eat a relatively decent lunch, I feel full and bloated and vaguely nauseated for a good part of the afternoon, even if there’s no real reason to (it’s not due to any particular food type – it happens regardless). And snacking during the day – well, my mum’s convinced I can no longer accurately assess what a decent sized snack is. And she’s probably right.
I’m making a few changes from now on. There’s a dish on nuts in the kitchen, and I’ll eat a few every time I go in. I’m planning on a mug of warm milk with sugar and cinnamon before bed. And I’m going to have two biscuits with my tea instead of one. Fingers crossed it’ll work. I need it to, because I had a nasty shock today. I fainted whilst out shopping. I maintain that it was because of the heat in the shopping centre, and because I’d been standing still for so long, but I suspect mum’s got a point when she says low blood sugar due to not eating enough might have played a part.
Anyway, because I’ve been away, and because we have no scales or baking pans in Brittany, I haven’t actually baked anything in a while (unless you count mini-tarts with goats cheese and tomatoes on ready made puff pastry. Which I don’t). I’m planning on brownies and Simnel cake in the next few days, so I’ll post once I’ve made something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home