Monday 3 March 2008

Natacha's Birthday


My friend Natacha's birthday is on tuesday, but we had her birthday dinner on Sunday. Now I know she likes biscuits and cakes and so on, and she and her roommate have a jar devoted to them, but I don't actually know what flavours she prefers. So I decided that I would give her a selection.


Because I'm a little lazy, that involved making one batch of cake mix, splitting it into three and mixing in the flavourings. I went for chocolate, mixed spice (because that was what was in the cupboard...) and mocha. The last was spur of the moment, because I discovered that I had a mocha packet in my cupboard that I had no intention of drinking.


All in all, I'm quite pleased with the results. The mixed spice cakes turned out lovely and gooey, as usual. The chocolate ones weren't too dry this time. And the mocha ones I personally quite like. I have a packet left...might try them again sometime.


I made some simple buttercream and chocolate icing, with melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder, which made it a little softer and creamier than usual. And I added a jelly belly on top of each, on the information that they are Natacha's favourite sweets...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home