Thursday 28 February 2008

Boaties Cakes

It's that time of year again - the Lent Bumps. Five days of rowing races that involve starting boats with a length and a half in between and then trying to catch and bump into the one in front. This time last year I was in one of those boats, and we were quite successful. This year, due to a chronic hamstring tendonitis, brought on mostly by my own refusal to rest it properly, I'm not in a boat. But I still wanted to be involved in some way, and decided on two courses of action. Firstly, I went and watched one of the races yesterday, the one my old crew were in. Secondly, I made them cupcakes.


I had a lot of fun making these. They're just very simple chocolate cupcakes - possibly made with a bit too much cocoa powder, as they did turn a little dry - with vanilla buttercream icing, half coloured blue. I got to experiment with my new piping bag again - and the cakes went down very well!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home