Tuesday 15 July 2008

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

I bought some blueberries last week, and the remains of the box have been sitting in the fridge screaming at me to do something with them. So I did. I made blueberry muffins, which are one of my mum's favourite things, and one of my favourite morning snacks.

The problem I've always had with muffins in general is getting enough flavour into the cakey part of the muffin. I usually find them quite bland and disappointing, so this time I decided to hunt around for an intriguing recipe to try my hand at.

And boy, did I find it. This uses vegetable oil instead of butter, which gives the cakes an amazingly moist finish. The streusel topping is a fantastic finish, bringing out the fruitiness and tang of the blueberries.

I didn't have enough blueberries to make 8 muffins (and I ended up with 15, because mine are always on the small side), so I bought a bar of swiss milk chocolate (caillers - one of the best commercial brands) and mixed that into the others for my brothers to enjoy. Given the number vanished already, I think they worked well too.




The recipe for these is here

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home