Tuesday 8 July 2008

Strawberry Cake

It's summer, and it's hot, which means picking desserts for Sunday dinner is a question of finding something cool and light. And with strawberries in season, a simple sponge cake, whipped cream and strawberries was all we felt like last weekend, so that's what I went for. No picture yet, but I'll add it as soon as I've uploaded it.

The week before that was the Euro 2008 final, and we had a party at a friend's which required another cake. This was my experiment cake - I actually made a half football! The base of the cake was a plain vanilla sponge with buttercream, and the football was chocolate sponge, covered in marzipan and baked in - believe it or not - a soup bowl! I had fun with this one, and definitely want to try making some more exciting cakes or cupcakes soon!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so lovely! You did a wonderful job! :)

9 July 2008 at 14:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home