Monday 5 January 2009

Christmas Cookies

I love making cut-out cookies. And I always think I'll love decorating them. These days, though, it always seems to be harder and more time-consuming than it was when I was little. And rarely do sugar cookies have the depth or interest in flavours that drop cookies do.

But Christmas is a time for decorating, and I've always liked playing around with new recipies, so I was willing to try the chocolate biscuit recipe provided in this month's cookie carnival.

Let me say, firstly, that my brothers - the main baked-goods eaters in this house - loved the chocolate cookies. And I liked them very much myself too. The cinnamon brought them alive, I think.

However, my dough was quite moist, and difficult to work with unless very cold. Still, I persevered, and even tried to get fancy with the decorating. My (slightly disapointing) results are here;








This last one is not following any of the recipes provided. Instead, it's a gingerbread recipe, one I use every year to make our gingerbread house. The dough's easy to work with, and i decided to experiment with 'glass windows'. They didn't unfortunately work quite as well as I hoped (not as clear as they have been in the past - but neither were the sweets I used). But I'm quite pleased with this landscape one.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

The looked great and I think that the landscape cookie was a fabulous idea! Great job.

11 January 2009 at 01:27  
Blogger Roberthussy said...

Taste of Home's favorite holiday cookie recipes. Use our easy recipes for Christmas cookies including sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate cookies, peanut butter cookies and other recipes for Christmas cookie gifts.



SEOServices

5 March 2013 at 06:34  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home