Tuesday 2 September 2008

Morocco (2)

So I can't put up more than five pictures at a time. And I'm still lazy. But here are a few more.

A nougat stall in Fes Medina - very yummy nougat too.


A dried fruit and nut stall. My introduction to the joy that is dried figs.


Homemade pastilla. This is a traditional meal made of very thin pastry, stuffed with a mixture of chicken, egg, onion and sugar, and sprinkled with icing sugar and cinnamon. It works suprisingly well. The picture below is the inside layer - don't let the colour put you off!



Finally, me in the kitchen and our homebase, trying my hand at making moroccon breakfast pancakes (or mwnm. In all honesty, that is their actuall name. Now try pronouncing it). And I was vaguelly successful. At any rate, it tasted nice.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home