Thursday 11 September 2008

Fresh Pasta

My first attempt at fresh pasta...

It's something I've been wanting to try for ages now, and I finally decided to give it a proper go. I was really happy with the results too. I made ravioli with a crab stuffing, and for a start, the crab was really tasty. It was just crabmeat, cream cheese and onion, but it's a mix I'd be tempted to make again on its own.

Then - the pasta. It worked surprisingly well. I used proper pasta flour, but was quite worried in the begining because the dough was very crumbly and dry. 10 minutes of kneading produced a lovely smooth shiny dough, so the effort was worth it. The only major problem I had with the pasta was rolling it out thin enough, but I think that's something that will come with practice. Besides, I don't have a pasta machine, so all the rolling was done by hand.

I was very happy whilst cooking it, because none of the filling came out of any of the ravioli. And served with parmesan and tomato sauce...it was gorgeous. A bit time consuming, and definitely not an everyday dish, but something I'd make again on a special occasion. Maybe with a different filling (because my fussy brothers don't like crabmeat). But would definitely try again.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home